Thursday, June 25, 2015

CSD Recommendations for residential filming

Did you happen to see the the recent issue of the Altadena Heritage Newsletter? There’s a good article by Mark Goldschmidt about the CSD and what it has recommended to the county.

What's the CSD?

According to the article...
In unincorporated Los Angeles County, a “Community Standards District” (CSD) is an addendum to the zoning code. It allows deviations and changes from County codes to be tailored to the needs, desires, and special circumstances of a particular community. A CSD overrides the general code, making regulations more or less restrictive, and adding special requirements and conditions.

In 2012, the Town Council Chair picked a group of our neighbors to write recommendations for these Altadena specific adaptations to the general code. The committee has completed a set of recommendations — including recommendation for residential filming. These have been approved by the Town Council.

If you'd like to see the CSD recommendations, here's a link.

If you're interested in learning more the CSD and how it did its work, I strongly recommend reading the article. Here's a link.

I downloaded the CSD residential recommendations and film section with interest. I do not feel CSD proposals really address the kind of issues that worry me when production companies film on our streets. So, I decided to write an email to the Mr. Goldschmidt recommending some additional special requirement for residential filming.

 If you’d like to read my email to Mr. Goldschmidt, here's a link.  I'd welcome any comments or suggestions.

If I hear any response from Mr. Goldschimdt, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment