Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Summary of 9/29 Neighborhood meeting

Neighbors,

For those of you who did not attend last night’s meeting.  I felt it was very constructive.  There was great support from FilmLA, the Sheriff’s Department  and the Altadena Town Council.  I wanted to provide you my brief summary.

HEADLINE:  The Sheriff’s department will enforce the FilmLA permit conditions and the Homewood special conditions.

HEADLINE:  Great support from FilmLA, LA County Sheriff, Altadena Town Council

Participants: 
Dan Cooley
Location Manager
Guy Langman
Film LA
Sgt. Wayne Waterman
Altadena Sheriff’s Department
Sgt. Brian Mann
Altadena Sheriff’s Department
Anne Chomyn
Altadena Town Council
Our neighbors


For future reference:  Contact information for FilmLA, the Sheriff’s Department and out Town Council Representative  have been added to the Homewood contact list.

The Details:
·         The name of the production is 20th Century Women.  The production company is Modern People.  It has great cast.

·         Dan Cooley, the location manager for Modern People, described the plan for the shoot.  This company (unlike many) has made a special effort to reduce the impact on the neighborhood.  If you have concern feel free to contact him.  Here’s his contact information:
Cell: 646-326-3493

·         FilmLA and the Altadena Sheriff’s Department met for the first time prior to the meeting.  They agreed on the following approach for the enforcement of FilmLA permit and Homewood Special Filming Conditions:
If the any conditions are not enforced please contact Sgt.  Wayne Waterman.  Here’s his contact info:
Office phone:  626-296-2104 (6a – 5p)
Cell phone: 818-359-4748 (after hours)

When questioned about neglect of the permit conditions and the Homewood special conditions, Sgt Waterman was emphatic.  Call him and he will see that the conditions are met.

                                              
Note:  There are a few instances where the filming conditions may be waived. These cases require the approval of the Sheriff and FilmLA.  If you’d like details about these exceptions, please contact me or Guy Langman of FilmLA or Sgt Waterman of Altadena Sheriff’s Department.

·         Myron Oates and I (Kenny Meyer) are being paid a total of $1,500 by the Film company to ensure that Modern People observe the permit and special conditions.  Both Myron and Kenny will be donating that money to a neighborhood improvement or a charity. 

The current suggestions for neighborhood improvement are to fix the cul de sac circle curb and perhaps add a bench to the circle.  Suggestions for charitable contributions include donations to one of the Sheriff’s department charitable activities.  E.g. Toys for kids.

If you have a suggestion for another worthy contribution, please contact me or Myron.

On a personal note:  I would strongly prefer that we did not have film shoots on our block.  Consequently, in good conscious, I am not willing to be compensated at the cost of disrupting the neighborhood—that’s why I am donating the funds to a neighborhood improvement or to a charity.  I believe Myron shares this view.

However, I respect others who have good reasons for different views and I accept there will be film shoots on our block.  So, if we are going to have film shoots in the neighborhood, I feel the film companies must be respectful and put a priority on the safety of our neighbors. 

·         A neighbor from Braeburn attended the meeting.  We discussed the possibility of starting the process of updating the Homewood Special Filming conditions in conjunction with our Braeburn neighbors. 

On a final note: 
After the shoot, I will circulate a survey to obtain your feedback for how the shoot went.  I hope you’ll take a couple minutes to answer the questions.  When the survey is complete, I will be forwarding results to both FilmLA and the Sheriff’s Department. 

Any errors here are strictly mine.  Additions, corrections or suggestion to this summary are appreciated.  Also please feel free to send along any questions.

Regards to all…

Kenny Meyer
1575 Homewood

No comments:

Post a Comment