Monday, February 15, 2016

Altadena Filming Permit Map (2012-2015): Updated

Here's a link to an updated map of the filming permits issue to Altadena locations from 2012 to 2015:



Since last summer I've been requesting film permit data from FilmLA. As luck would have it stumbled across a map online with the data I've been requesting. (I wasn't even looking!) I don't know who produced it or where it came from, but after a bit of checking, it seems very credible.

I extracted the data from that map and updated the Altadena filming map. A few statistics for 2012-2015 :
  • Total permits listed: 1435
  • Permits were issued to 163 unique locations (note the actual number is closer to 150 because the FilmLA does not use consistent names.)
  • 40% of the permits were issued to 25
  • 163 permits were issued to Altadena Cemetery
  • 54 permits were issued to the old Woodbury house
  • 51 permits were issued to St Elizabeth Church
  • 42 permits were issued in the Homewood/Porter area (i.e. Homewood west of Allen; Porter between Altadena and Braeburn)
Note: The actual number of location days will be much higher. For example, if average permit includes 3 days for setup/shoot/strike, the locations days for Altadena would be approximately 4,300 or approximately 25 shooting days per week.


Here's a link to a document that summarizes all permits/location.

Here's a link to document that lists of all productions by name.

Any comments, suggestions or corrections are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment